Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My Grandfather's Reflections on WWII

My sister Stephanie conducted an interview with my Grandfather for a high school class project.  She recently found the tape and transferred it to an mp3 file.  She sent me some pictures, and I put together the following video.  My grandpa was a great man, and like many of his generation, WW2 had a great impact on his life.  He followed his service with time training other pilots in South Carolina.  He then raised a great family with Doris (my Grandmother) that consisted of 4 children and eventually, 8 grandchildren.  You'll notice his plan was aptly named "Miss Doris."  He passed away a few years ago.  I was always struck by his zest for life and devotion to family.  I imagine that experiencing war makes a man appreciate so much more about what he has and also keeps his priorities in the right place.  


No comments:

Post a Comment